|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Patients with surgically resectable colorectal liver metastases.|
2) Patients with evidence of unresectable extrahepatic disease.
3) Patients with CNS metastases.
4) Patients with diffusely distributed bilateral hepatic metastases without sparing of two adjacent hepatic segments.
5) Patients who have previously undergone chemotherapy treatment for metastatic disease.
6) Patients who developed metastatic disease less than or equal to 6 months from adjuvant chemotherapy for stage II or stage III colorectal cancer.
7) Patients who have ever received bevacizumab.
8) Previous or concurrent treatment of hepatic metastatic disease with resection, radiotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, cryotherapy/other ablative techniques, or hepatic artery infusion chemotherapy.
9) Patients who underwent a major invasive surgical procedure or open biopsy within 28 days prior to registration.
10) Patients who underwent colonoscopy, core biopsy, or fine needle aspiration within 7 days prior to registration.
11) Patients who had an arterial thromboembolic event, including transient ischemic attack (TIA), cerebrovascular accident (CVA), unstable angina, or myocardial infarction (MI) within 12 months of registration. Patients must not have greater than or equal to Grade 2 peripheral vascular disease.
12) Patients with uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to, ongoing or active infection, cardiac disease NYHA class III or IV, unstable angina pectoris, unstable cardiac arrhythmia or tachycardia (heart rate greater than or equal to 100 beats per minute), poorly controlled hypertension (systolic blood pressure greater than or equal to 200 mmHg or diastolic blood pressure greater than or equal to 100 mmHg) or psychiatric illness/social situations that would limit compliance with study requirements are excluded.
13) Patients with preexisting chronic hepatic disease (chronic active hepatitis B or C, cirrhosis), which would preclude surgical resection of metastases.
14) Patients with known hypersensitivity to any of the components of oxaliplatin, 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin or bevacizumab (AVASTIN™).
15) Patients who have received chemotherapy within 30 days of the first scheduled day of protocol treatment.
16) Patients who received radiotherapy within 4 weeks of trial entry.
17) Patients who are receiving concurrent investigational therapy or who have received investigational therapy within 30 days of the first scheduled day of protocol treatment (investigational therapy is defined as treatment for which there is currently no regulatory authority approved indication).
18) Peripheral neuropathy greater than or equal to Grade 2.
19) Patients with an active infection or with a fever greater than or equal to 38.5 degrees C within 3 days of the first scheduled day of protocol treatment.
20) Patients with known autoimmune disease including HIV.