|Exclusion Criteria:||1) New York Heart Association (NYHA) cardiac class 3-4 heart disease|
2) Cardiac Symptoms: Patients meeting the following criteria are not eligible unless cleared by Cardiology: Uncontrolled angina within 3 months; Diagnosed or suspected congenital long QT syndrome; Any history of clinically significant ventricular arrhythmias (such as ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation, or Torsades de pointes); Prolonged QTc interval on pre-entry electrocardiogram (> 450 msec) on both the Fridericia and Bazett's correction; Uncontrolled hypertension; History of significant bleeding disorder unrelated to cancer, including:
3) Cont: Diagnosed congenital bleeding disorders (von Willebrand's disease) Diagnosed acquired bleeding disorder w/in 1 year (acquired anti-factor VIII antibodies);Pts currently taking drugs that are generally accepted to have a risk of causing Torsades de Pointes including: quinidine, procainamide, disopyramide amiodarone, sotalol, ibutilide, dofetilide erythromycins, clarithromycin chlorpromazine, haloperidol, mesoridazine, thioridazine, pimozide cisapride, bepridil, droperidol, methadone, arsenic, chloroquine, domperidone, halofantrine, levomethadyl, pentamidine, sparfloxacin, lidoflazine.
4) Patients with active, uncontrolled psychiatric disorders including: psychosis, major depression, and bipolar disorders
5) Women of pregnancy potential must practice an effective method of birth control during the course of the study, in a manner such that risk of failure is minimized.Prior to study enrollment, women of childbearing potential (WOCBP) must be advised of the importance of avoiding pregnancy during trial participation and the potential risk factors for an unintentional pregnancy. Postmenopausal women must be amenorrheic for at least 12 months to be considered of non-childbearing potential.
6) Continued: Women must continue birth control for the duration of the trial and at least 3 months after the last dose of study drug; Pregnant or breast-feeding women are excluded; All WOCBP MUST have a negative pregnancy test prior to first receiving investigational product. If the pregnancy test is positive, the patient must not receive investigational product and must not be enrolled in the study.
7) Patients in late chronic phase (i.e., time from diagnosis to treatment >12 months), accelerated or blast phase are excluded.
8) The definitions of CML phases are as follows: a) Early chronic phase: time from diagnosis to therapy </= 12 months; Late chronic phase: time from diagnosis to therapy > 12 months, b) Blastic phase: presence of 30% blasts or more in the peripheral blood or bone marrow, c) Accelerated phase CML: presence of any of the following features: •Peripheral or marrow blasts 15% or more, •Peripheral or marrow basophils 20% or more, •Thrombocytopenia < 100 x 10^9/L unrelated to therapy, • Documented extramedullary blastic disease outside liver or spleen