|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Significant concomitant medical or psychiatric condition that, in the opinion of the investigator, would make the subject a poor protocol candidate.|
2) Hormonal therapy, with the exception of neoadjuvant androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) prior to or concurrent with primary therapy. Subjects who underwent neoadjuvant ADT cannot have a serum testosterone of </= 150 ng/mL at study entry.
3) Concomitant or antecedent hormonal therapy for rising serum PSA after initial therapy of prostate cancer.
4) Subjects unable or unwilling to comply with protocol requirements.
5) Prior treatment with experimental drugs, high dose steroids, or with any drugs or therapy with the potential to impact prostate cancer or PSA within 6 months prior to the first dose of study product and for the duration of the study
6) Serum PSA >7.0 ng/mL [assessed at termination of the double-blind study (GUP- 0205-1) or ET of the double-blind extension GUP-0205-1XX); at any PSA level, the subject will be excluded if determined by the Principal Investigator that the subject's continued participation would not be in their best interest].
7) Serum PSA doubling time <13 weeks [assessed at termination of the double-blind study (GUP-0205-1) or ET of the double-blind extension GUP-0205-1XX)].
8) Evidence of metastatic disease on physical examination or on CT or bone scan.
9) Use of finasteride, dutasteride at any point since primary therapy or during the study.
10) Clinically significant abnormal laboratory value greater than 2 times the upper limit of normal (>2XULN).