|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Patient has received prior chemotherapy or radiotherapy for this cancer.|
2) Patient is considered a poor risk for surgery due to non-malignant systemic disease (cardiovascular, renal, etc.) that would preclude the treatment options.
3) Patient has contraindication to either endobronchial ultrasound or mediastinoscopy such as: history of bleeding diathesis, latex allergy, mediastinoscopy, mediastinal nodal resection, tracheostomy.
4) Patients malignancy consistent with well differentiated (carcinoid) neuroendocrine histology.
5) Patient has two seperate same histology lung tumors (where the question of two seperate primaries or metastatic disease makes definitive clinical staging inaccurate).
6) Females who are pregnant and/or lactating.