|Inclusion Criteria:||1) Patients with sarcoma which is locally advanced, at high risk for relapse or metastatic for whom treatment with high dose doxorubicin (75-90 mg/m^2) with ifosfamide (AI) or cisplatin (AP) is indicated.|
2) Must be >16 and < 65 years of age.
3) Females of childbearing potential (defined as not post-menopausal for 12 months, or no previous surgical sterilization) must have a negative blood pregnancy test.
4) Male and Females of child bearing potential must use acceptable methods of birth control which include oral contraceptives, spermicide with either a condom, diaphragm or cervical cap, us of a intrauterine device (IUD) or abstienence.
5) Adequate hematologic (ANC > 1500/mm^3, platelet count > 150,000/mm^3), renal (serum creatinine < 1.5mg/dL), hepatic (serum bilirubin count < 1.5 x normal and SGPT <3 x normal) functions.
6) Karnofsky Performance Status >/= 80%
7) Signed informed consent form.