|Inclusion Criteria:||1) Histological confirmation of breast carcinoma. Pathologic evidence of dermal lymphatic invasion should be noted but not required.|
2) Clinical diagnosis of IBC (presence of inflammatory changes in the involved breast, including diffuse erythema, heat, ridging, and peau d'orange).
3) >/= Age 18
4) ECOG performance status </= 1
5) Adequate hematologic function: Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) >/= 1.5 x 109/L, Platelet count >/= 100 x 109/L, Hemoglobin >/= 9.0 g/dL
6) Adequate cardiac function (LVEF >/= 45%)
7) Adequate Renal function: Creatinine (Cr) </= 1.5 mg/dL x ULN, Creatinine clearance (CrCl) >/= 50 mL/min calculated by the Cockroft-Gault method as follows: Male creatinine clearance = (140 - age) x (weight in Kg) / (serum Cr x 72) Female CrCl = (140 - age) x (weight in Kg) x 0.85 / (serum Cr x 72)
8) Adequate Hepatic function: Aspartate aminotransferase (AST) </= 2.5 x ULN • Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) </= 2.5 x ULN • Alkaline phosphatase (Alp) </= 2.5 x ULN.Total bilirubin </=1.5 x ULN
9) Ability and willingness to sign an informed consent form for this protocol
10) If female of childbearing potential (women who are post-menopausal < 1 year, not surgically sterilized, or not abstinent), pregnancy urine test is negative, and agrees to be consistent and correct use of one of the following acceptable methods of birth control: male partner who is sterile prior to the female subject entry into the study and is the sole sexual partner for that female subject; any intrauterine device (IUD) with a documented failure rate of less than 1% per year; oral contraception, or barrier methods, including diaphragm or condom with a spermicide.