|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Patients with Grade 3 and Grade 4 unresolved toxicity from prior antineoplastic therapies|
2) Patients currently receiving anticancer therapies or who have received anticancer therapies within 4 weeks of the start of study drug (including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, antibody based therapy, targeted therapy, etc.)
3) Patients with prior allogeneic stem cell transplant
4) Patients who have previously received mTOR inhibitors (e.g. everolimus, sirolimus, temsirolimus etc.)
5) Patients who are taking other investigational agents or who had received investigational drugs within 4 weeks of the start of study drug
6) Patients with presence or history of central nervous system (CNS) lymphoma - Head MRI (or CT scan if MRI is not available), is required prior to study entry
7) Patients receiving chronic, systemic treatment with corticosteroids or another immunosuppressive agent, except corticosteroids with a daily dosage equivalent to prednisone </= 20 mg for adrenal insufficiency. However, patients receiving corticosteroids must have been on a stable dosage regimen for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the first treatment with RAD001. Topical or inhaled corticosteroids are allowed.
8) Patients with a known history of HIV seropositivity (testing is not required for study entry; however review of previous medical history is required)
9) Patients with uncontrolled hyperlipidemia (>/=Grade 3 hyperlipidemia despite optimal supportive medical therapy)
10) Patients with an active, bleeding diathesis
11) Patients, who have had a major surgery or significant traumatic injury within 4 weeks of start of study drug, patients who have not recovered from the side effects of any major surgery (defined as requiring general anesthesia) or patients that may require major surgery during the course of the study
12) Patients who have any severe and/or uncontrolled medical conditions or other conditions that could affect their participation in the study such as: Symptomatic congestive heart failure of New York heart Association Class III or IV; unstable angina pectoris, myocardial infarction within 6 months of start of study drug, serious uncontrolled cardiac arrhythmia or any other clinically significant cardiac disease;severely impaired lung function (spirometry and DLCO that is 50% or less of the normal predicted value and/or Oxygen saturation that is 88% or less at rest, in room air);
13) Continuation #12: uncontrolled diabetes as defined by fasting serum glucose >1.5 x ULN; active (acute or chronic) or uncontrolled severe infections; liver disease such as cirrhosis, chronic active hepatitis or chronic persistent hepatitis
14) Patients who have a history of another primary malignancy </=3 years before study entry, with the exception of non-melanoma skin cancer, and carcinoma in situ of uterine cervix
15) Female patients who are pregnant or breast feeding, or adults of reproductive potential who are not using effective birth control methods. If barrier contraceptives are being used, these must be continued throughout the trial by both sexes. Hormonal contraceptives are not acceptable as a sole method of contraception.
16) Patients unwilling to or unable to comply with the protocol