|Exclusion Criteria:||1) 1. Patients with a) T-cell lymphoma with skin involvement only are excluded if they have no evidence of systemic disease b)T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia (T-PLL) c) T-cell large granular lymphocytic leukemia d) Primary cutaneous CD30+ disorders: anaplastic large cell lymphoma and lymphomatoid papulosis e) Angiocentric/nasal type T/NK-cell lymphoma f) Hepatosplenic gamma-delta T-cell lymphoma|
2) Patients with active Hepatitis B and/or Hepatitis C infection.
3) Patients with known HIV infection are excluded. a) These patients are excluded secondary to potential to target activated T-cells, in a population of patients already at risk for T-cell depletion, would be a contraindication to therapy.
4) Patients with active infections requiring specific anti-infective therapy are not eligible until all signs of infections are resolved.
5) Patients with pre-existing cardiovascular disease requiring ongoing treatment. This includes:a) Congestive heart failure, b) Severe CAD, c) Cardiomyopathy, d) Uncontrolled cardiac arrhythmia, e) Unstable angina pectoris, f) Recent MI (within 6 months).
6) Patients with prior exposure to either vorinostat (including other HDAC inhibitors except valproic acid) or anthracyclines: a) Patients who have received valproic acid (VPA) for the treatment of seizures may be enrolled on this study, but must not have received VPA within 30 days of study enrollment.
7) Patients who are pregnant or breast-feeding. a)Effects of this treatment on the fetus and young children are unknown at this time.
8) Patients who have had an invasive solid tumor malignancy in the past five years except non-melanoma skin cancers or cervical carcinoma in situ or ductal/lobular carcinoma in situ of the breast who is currently without evidence of disease.
9) Patients undergoing anti-neoplastic chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal (excluding contraceptives) or immunotherapy, or investigational medications within the past four weeks.
10) Patients with deep vein thrombosis within three months.
11) Patient with concurrent use of complementary or alternative medicines.
12) Patients with psychiatric illness and/or social situations that would limit compliance with the study medication and requirements.
13) Patients with grade 2 or more neuropathy.
14) Patients with known CNS lymphoma.