- Determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and dose limiting toxicity (DLT) of the novel combination of everolimus + Panobinostat (LBH589) in a phase-I study in patients with relapsed lymphoma (Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin).
- Determine the safety and efficacy of this novel combination in a phase-II study in patients with relapsed Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Determine the in vivo effect of therapy on selected serum cytokines/chemokines (TGF-beta, TARC, IL-6, IL-10, VEGF).
- Examine pre-treatment level of selected molecular targets (HDACs 1-11, STAT6, pSTAT6, STAT3, pSTAT3, Myc, Akt, pAkt, S6, pS6, p21, cyclin D1) in primary lymphoma cells and the surrounding reactive inflammatory cells obtained by core needle biopsies from patients with relapsed lymphoma.
- Examine the correlation between molecular and biologic markers and clinical response and/or treatment-related toxicity.