|Inclusion Criteria:||1) Confirmed diagnosis mantle cell lymphoma and its variants, excluding marginal zone and disease exclusively in the GI system. Patients should have measurable disease based on Cheson Criteria or Bone Marrow/tissue sample positive for mantle cell lymphoma. No prior therapy with a combination of bortezomib, cyclophosphamide and rituximab.|
2) Patients with performance status of 2 or less (Zubrod).
3) Serum bilirubin <1.5 mg/dl and serum creatinine < 2.0 mg/dl unless due to lymphoma; ANC >1000/mm^3 and platelets >100,000/mm^3 unless due to lymphoma.
4) Cardiac ejection fraction 50% or greater.
5) Ages 18 to 85.
6) Patients must be willing to receive transfusions of blood products.
7) Signed consent form.
8) Voluntary written informed consent before performance of any study-related procedure not part of normal medical care, with the understanding that consent may be withdrawn by the subject at any time without prejudice to future medical care.
9) Female subject is either post-menopausal for at least 1 year before the screening visit, is surgically sterilized or if they are of childbearing potential, agree to practice 2 effective methods of contraception (i.e., a hormonal contraceptive, intra-uterine device, diaphragm with spermicide, condom with spermicide, or abstinence) from the time of signing the informed consent form through 30 days after the last dose of VELCADE, or agree to completely abstain from heterosexual intercourse.
10) Male subjects, even if surgically sterilized (ie, status postvasectomy) must agree to 1 of the following: practice effective barrier contraception during the entire study treatment period and through a minimum of 30 days after the last dose of study drug, or completely abstain from heterosexual intercourse.