|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Diagnosis of primary amyloidosis, asymptomatic or smoldering multiple myeloma or monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS). Smoldering multiple myeloma is defined as asymptomatic multiple myeloma with absence of related organ or tissue impairment (ROTI) end-organ damage). MGUS is defined by presence of serum M-protein < 3 g/dL; absence of lytic bone lesions, anemia, hypercalcemia, and renal insufficiency related to the M-protein; and (if determined) proportion of plasma cells in the bone marrow of 10% or less.|
2) Diagnosis of Waldenström's disease, or other conditions in which IgM M-protein is present in the absence of a clonal plasma cell infiltration with lytic bone lesions
3) Prior or current systemic therapy or stem cell transplantation for multiple myeloma with the exception of emergency use of a short course (maximum 4 days) of corticosteroids before treatment.
4) Peripheral neuropathy or neuropathic pain Grade 2 or higher, as defined by the National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (NCI-CTCAE), Version 3.0
5) Radiation therapy within 14 days before treatment
6) Plasmapheresis within 14 days before treatment
7) Major surgery within 14 days before treatment (Kyphoplasty is not considered major surgery)
8) Transplanted solid organ, with the exception of a corneal transplant (>/= 3 months before treatment)
9) History of allergic reaction or hypersensitivity to boron or mannitol, or known allergies or clinically significant reactions to murine, chimeric, or human proteins
10) Concurrent medical condition or disease (eg, active systemic infection, uncontrolled diabetes, acute diffuse infiltrative pulmonary disease) that is likely to interfere with study procedures or results, or that in the opinion of the investigator would constitute a hazard for participating in this study
11) Serious concurrent illness or history of uncontrolled heart disease such as unstable angina, congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction within preceding 12 months, or clinically significant rhythm or conduction abnormality
12) Prior or concomitant malignancy (other than multiple myeloma) except adequately treated basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin, carcinoma in situ of the cervix, localized prostate adenocarcinoma diagnosed >/= 3 years and without evidence of biochemical failure, or other cancer for which the subject has undergone potentially curative therapy and has no evidence of that disease for >/= 5 years.
13) Vaccinated with live, attenuated vaccines within 4 weeks of the first administration of CNTO 328
14) Known infection with HIV, known hepatitis C infection, or known to be hepatitis B surface antigen positive
15) Use of any investigational agents within 30 days or 5 half-lives (whichever is longer) of treatment
16) Pregnant or lactating women