|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Patient has metastatic GIST to the peritoneum, liver, lymph node, or other sites or recurrent GIST.|
2) Prior treatment for GIST with the exception of prior treatment with adjuvant imatinib lasting less than or equal to 8 weeks following gross surgical resection.
3) Patient has received any other investigational agents within 28 days of first day of study drug dosing.
4) Patient with Grade III/IV cardiac problems as defined by the New York Heart Association Criteria. (i.e., congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction within 6 months of study)
5) Patients with severe and/or uncontrolled concurrent medical disease that in the opinion of the investigator could cause unacceptable safety risk or compromise compliance with the protocol (i.e., uncontrolled diabetes, chronic renal disease, chronic liver disease, or active uncontrolled infection).
6) Patient has a known diagnosis of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
7) Patient receiving concurrent treatment with warfarin (acceptable alternative: lowmolecular weight heparin).
8) Patient with any significant history of non-compliance to medical regimens or with inability to grant reliable informed consent.