|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Patients who have therapies available that have demonstrated clinical benefit.|
2) Patients with known or clinical evidence of CNS metastases.
3) Women who are pregnant or nursing and patients (men or women) who are not practicing an acceptable method of birth control. A negative pregnancy test (urine or serum) must be documented at baseline for women of childbearing potential. Women may not breastfeed while on this study.
4) Patients with current active infections requiring anti-infectious treatment (e.g., antibiotics, antivirals, or antifungals).
5) Patients with current peripheral neuropathy of any etiology that is greater than grade 1.
6) Patients with unstable or serious concurrent medical conditions are excluded. Examples include, but are not limited to, uncontrolled ventricular arrhythmia, recent (within 3 months) myocardial infarction, uncontrolled major seizure disorder, spinal cord compression, superior vena cava syndrome, or any psychiatric disorder that prohibits obtaining informed consent.
7) Patients with a known hypersensitivity to CREMOPHORŽ and/or paclitaxel.
8) Patients must not have had recent major surgery within the past 14 days or large field radiation therapy or chemotherapy in the last 28 days. If the previous chemotherapy included nitrosoureas or mitomycin C, this period will be 6 weeks.
9) Patients must not receive any concurrent chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or immunotherapy while on study. Previous palliative radiotherapy is allowed for metastatic disease in a region that is not part of the disease being measured.
10) Patients must not have had radiation to >/= 25% of the bone marrow.
11) Patients with Gilbert's Syndrome.
12) Patients with known HIV disease or infection.
13) Simultaneous participation in another clinical trial of an investigational agent or device.
14) Patients receiving ketoconazole, erythromycin, verapamil, diazepam, quinidine, diltiazem, rifampicin, carbamazepine, phenytoin, efavirenz, nevirapine, fluoxetine or gemfibrozil. Patients taking any of these drugs may qualify for treatment on this investigational study if they have been off the drug at least for 7 days.