|Inclusion Criteria:||1) Subject must be greater or equal to 18 years of age.|
2) Histological or cytological confirmation of one of the following: Arms A, B, and D -- Relapsed or refractory acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), untreated AML in subjects who are > 60 years of age and do not have favorable cytogenetics (i.e., lack t(8,21) or inv(16)/t(16,16) or acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in subjects who have failed or are unsuitable for standard therapy.
3) Continued from #2: Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) subjects that have not responded or relapsed on imatinib and failed second line Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor (TKI) therapy and are not a candidate for allogeneic bone marrow transplant. B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) subjects that have not responded or relapsed on fludarabine or in the opinion of the Principal Investigator are unsuitable for fludarabine therapy and have not responded to or relapsed on alkylating therapy.
4) Continued from #3: Myelodysplasia (MDS) including chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML) subjects with International Prognostic Scoring System (IPSS) risk categories of Intermediate-2 (INT-2) or High risk, or any myelodysplasia with symptomatic anemia resistant to erythropoietin, immunosuppressant, or DNA methyltransferase inhibitor therapy (e.g., azacytibine/decitabine).
5) Continued from #4 -- Arm C: Relapsed or refractory AML, untreated AML in patients who are > 60 years of age and do not have favorable cytogenetics (i.e., lack t(8,21). Untreated MDS including CMML with IPSS risk categories of INT-2 or High risk or with more than 10% blasts in the bone marrow, or any myelodysplasia with symptomatic anemia resistant to erythropoietin, or immunosuppressant, or subject has no response after four cycles of DNA methyltransferase inhibitor therapy or subject has progressed on DNA methyltransferase inhibitor therapy.
6) Subject has an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance status of 0 to 2.
7) Subject has adequate hematologic function for subjects with CLL and CML demonstrated by hemoglobin > 9 g/dL, platelets > 100,000/muL (100 x 10^9/L), ANC > 1,500/mm^3 (1.5 x 10^9/L).
8) Subject has adequate renal function as demonstrated by serum creatinine value of </= 1.8 × upper limit of normal (ULN) and either an estimated creatinine clearance value of >/= 50 mL/min as determined by Cockcroft-Gault formula or a creatinine clearance value of >/= 50 mL/min based on a 24-hour urine collection.
9) Subject has adequate liver function as demonstrated by serum bilirubin < 2 × ULN or AST and/or ALT < 2.5 x ULN unless considered due to leukemic organ involvement, in which case serum bilirubin < 2 × ULN and AST and ALT < 5 × ULN is allowed (Gilbert's or related syndrome allowed).
10) Subject has QTc interval less than 500 msec on baseline electrocardiogram.
11) The subject has a documented Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction greater than 50%.
12) Women of childbearing potential and men must agree to use adequate contraception (one of the following listed below) prior to study entry, for the duration of study participation and for 90 days following completion of therapy. Women of childbearing potential must have a negative urine pregnancy test within 7 days prior to initiation of treatment. Females will be considered not of childbearing potential if they are surgically sterile (bilateral oophorectomy or hysterectomy) or are post-menopausal women (must be amenorrheic for at least 12 months).
13) # 12 continued: Total abstinence from sexual intercourse (for minimum of one complete menstrual cycle prior to Study Day 1); Surgical sterilization (bilateral oophorectomy or hysterectomy); Hormonal contraceptives (oral, parenteral, transdermal or vaginal ring) for at least 3 months prior to Study Day 1; Double-barrier method (contraceptive sponge, diaphragm or cervical cap with spermicidal jellies or cream plus a condom). Vasectomized male subjects or vasectomized partner of female subjects; Intrauterine Device (IUD);
14) Subject is capable of understanding and complying with parameters as outlined in the protocol and able to sign informed consent, approved by an Independent Ethic Committee (IEC)/Institutional Review Board (IRB) prior to the initiation of any screening or study-specific procedures, and in the opinion of the Study Investigator with agreement by the subject, currently no other treatment options exist that will provide benefit to the subject and/or the subject is willing to receive.