|Inclusion Criteria:||1) Patients with the diagnosis of MDS (Low, Int-1 by IPSS, or hypocellular) who are either previously untreated or who have been previously treated are eligible for this trial.|
2) Patients with the diagnosis of aplastic anemia who have or have not been previously treated are eligible for inclusion if they are not currently candidates for an allogeneic stem cell transplant.
3) Patients with the diagnosis of T-LGL who have or have not been previously treated are eligible for inclusion.
4) Patients must have been off of cytotoxic, immunosuppressive, or targeted therapy (except hydroxyurea) for at least 2 weeks prior to entering this study, and have recovered from the toxic effects of that therapy to grade 1 or less.
5) Adequate organ function as defined: liver function (bilirubin < or = 2mg/dL, AST and/or ALT < or = 3 x ULN) ; kidney function (creatinine < or = 2.5 x ULN ).
6) ECOG performance status of < or = 3.
7) The effects of alemtuzumab on the developing human fetus are unknown. For this reason, women of child-bearing potential and men must agree to use adequate contraception (hormonal or barrier method of birth control; abstinence) prior to study entry and for the duration of study participation. Should a woman become pregnant or suspect she is pregnant while participating in this study, she should inform her treating physician immediately.
8) A negative urine pregnancy test is required within 1 week for all women of childbearing potential prior to enrolling on this trial.
9) Patient must have the ability to understand the requirements of the study and signed informed consent. A signed informed consent by the patient or his legally authorized representative is required prior to their enrollment on the protocol.
10) Patients should have an indication for therapy for their disease such as transfusion dependence or morbidity associated with their cytopenia(s) such as bleeding, severe fatigue, or frequent/multiple infections (eg. neutropenia).