|Exclusion Criteria:||1) CML patients in accelerated or blastic phase except for those who are considered to be in this phase because of thrombocytopenia or because of clonal evolution and with no other criteria for accelerated/blastic phase; or myelofibrosis patients who have transformed to acute leukemia or have >/= 10% blasts in periperal blood and/or in bone marrow.|
2) Thrombocytopenia that is considered to be unrelated to treatment with TKI or accelerated phase as defined above;
3) Age < 18 years;
4) Stem cell transplantation within preceding 60 days prior to registration;
5) Patients with documented active hepatitis B or C infection;
6) Patients with known bone marrow reticulin fibrosis (only applicable to patients with CML);
7) Patients with palpable splenomegaly >/= 16cm below coastal margin (only applicable to patients with CML).
8) Female subjects who are pregnant or breastfeeding. Women of childbearing potential are required to have a BHCG serum or urine pregnancy test performed within 7 days prior to first study drug dose. A female of childbearing potential is a sexually mature woman who: 1) has not undergone a hysterectomy or bilateral oophorectomy; or 2) has not been naturally postmenopausal for at least 12 consecutive months (i.e., has had menses at any time in the preceding 12 consecutive months). Women of child-bearing potential and men must agree to use contraception prior to study entry and for the duration of study participation.
9) Patients with known risk factors for thromboembolism (e.g. Factor V Leiden mutation, ATIII deficiency, Protein C and S deficiency, antiphospholipid syndrome, portal hypertension, etc.)