|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Inflammatory bowel disease.|
2) Intake of anti-inflammatory medications (e.g. non-steroidal, aspirin, and sulfasalazine) that can not be discontinued starting 3 days prior to the enrollment.
3) Chemotherapy or radiation therapy in less than three month from the time of the enrollment.
4) Individual who are taking Coumadin that can not be discontinued starting 7 days prior to the enrollment.
5) Individuals who have received an investigational chemopreventive agent during the month prior to the biopsies.
6) History of bleeding diathesis.
7) History of sulfonamides (sulfa) allergies.
8) History of cardiovascular diseases that might include the following: myocardial infraction, angina, coronary angioplasty, congestive heart failure, stroke, or coronary bypass surgery.
9) Uncontrolled hypertension (>135/>85 mm Hg on three repeated measurements during the 6 weeks prior to enrollment on the study).
10) Diagnosis of Diabetes.
11) Smoking history during the 6 months prior to enrollment on the study.
12) Uncontrolled hypercholesteremia (low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) > 130). Hypercholesteremia needs to be controlled following the updated the National Cholesterol Education Program Adult Treatment Panel III Guidelines for at least 3 months prior to enrollment on the study. Hypercholesteremia treatment needs to be continued during the enrollment on the protocol.
13) Family history of premature coronary disease (i.e. onset <55 years of age).
14) Metabolic syndrome diagnosis in patients who are 30 years or older. (The diagnosis of metabolic syndrome is made when three or more of these risk factors are present): a. Waist circumference: Men >102 cm (>40 in); Women >88 cm (>35 in). b. Triglycerides =150 mg/dl (=1.69 mmol/L) c. High-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C): [Men <40 mg/dl (<1.03 mmol/L), Women <50 mg/dl (<1.29 mmol/L)] d. Blood pressure =130/=85 mm Hg e. Fasting glucose =110 mg/dl (=6.1 mmol/L).
15) History of deep venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, systemic lupus erythematous, family history of protein S or C deficiencies or prior heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.