|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Tumor with the distal border located < 12 cm from the anal verge.|
2) Total colectomy or total proctocolectomy.
3) Classic Familial Adenomatous Polyposis, Attenuated Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (i.e., 20 or more adenomas, either synchronous or metachronous), or Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (Lynch Syndrome).
4) Malabsorption syndrome, ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease, resection of the stomach or small bowel, or other disease significantly affecting gastrointestinal function.
5) History of documented upper GI bleeding or upper GI ulcerative disease.
6) Statin use within 30 days prior to randomization.
7) Hyperlipidemia with clinical indication for statin therapy or other prescribed medication. Determination of acceptable fasting lipid values, within 90 days prior to randomization, should be in accordance with current dyslipidemia management guidelines.
8) Unwillingness to discontinue chronic use of NSAIDs (other than cardioprotective low-dose aspirin 81 mg or 325 mg) prior to randomization.
9) Anticipated need for chronic use of NSAIDs (other than cardioprotective low-dose aspirin 81 mg or 325 mg).
10) Inadequately treated hypothyroidism, as determined by the investigator.
11) History of myopathy or rhabdomyolysis.
12) Hypersensitivity or intolerance to statins.
13) Chronic drug therapy with cyclosporine, coumarin anticoagulants, gemfibrozil, some other lipid-lowering therapies (fibrates or niacin), lopinavir/ritonavir, or drugs (such as ketoconazole, spironolactone, or cimetidine) that lower levels or activity of steroid hormones.
14) Pregnancy or lactation at the time of study entry. (Pregnancy testing must be performed within 14 days prior to randomization according to institutional standards for women of childbearing potential.)
15) Previous malignancies unless the patient has been disease-free for 5 or more years prior to randomization and is deemed by the physician to be at low risk for recurrence. Patients with the following cancers are eligible if diagnosed and treated within the past 5 years: all in situ cancers and basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma of the skin.
16) Other non-malignant systemic disease that would preclude a patient from receiving rosuvastatin or would prevent prolonged follow-up.
17) Administration of any investigational agent within 30 days before randomization.