|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Patients with non-adenocarcinomas, adenosquamous carcinomas, islet cell (neuroendocrine) tumors, cystadenomas, cystadenocarcinomas, carcinoid tumors, duodenal carcinomas, distal bile duct, and ampullary carcinomas.|
2) Patients managed with a total pancreatectomy, a distal pancreatectomy, or central pancreatectomy.
3) Prior systemic chemotherapy for pancreas cancer; note that prior chemotherapy for a different cancer is allowable.
4) Prior radiotherapy to the region of the study cancer that would result in overlap of radiation therapy fields
5) Previous history of invasive malignancy (except non-melanoma skin cancer) unless the patient has been disease free for at least 2 years prior to study entry (Patients with a previous history of carcinoma in situ are eligible.
6) Severe, active co-morbidity, defined as follows: * Unstable angina and/or congestive heart failure requiring hospitalization within the last 6 months. *Transmural myocardial infarction within the 3 months of study registration. *Acute bacterial or fungal infection requiring intravenous antibiotics at the time of registration. *Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease exacerbation or other respiratory illness requiring hospitalization or precluding study therapy at the time of registration
7) Pregnant or lactating women
8) Women of childbearing potential and men who are sexually active and not willing/able to use medically acceptable forms of contraception; this exclusion is necessary because the treatment involved in this study may be significantly teratogenic.
9) If surgical margin status cannot be determined after consultation with the operating surgeon and the institutional pathologist, the patient will be ineligible.