|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Patients who require surgery to decompress the tumor or who should have non- medical therapy because of visual field loss, ( for example patients with the tumor in contact with the optic chiasm) cranial nerve palsies or intracranial hypertension.|
2) Patients participating in any clinical trial on an investigational drug for acromegaly.
3) Patients (or legally acceptable representatives) who are unable to understand the nature of the study and are unwilling to sign an informed consent
4) Patients with allergies to Somavert or its ingredients
5) Patients who do not have a diagnosis of acromegaly.
6) Women who are pregnant or lactating.
7) Patients who have not had a pituitary imaging study within 6months of starting Somavert or enrolling into ACROSTUDY.