|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Patients who have had chemotherapy or radiotherapy within 4 weeks prior to receiving first dose of study drug or those who have not recovered from adverse events due to agents administered more than 4 weeks earlier.Patients may have received palliative radiation immediately before (or during) treatment provided radiation is not to the only target lesion available.|
2) Patients may not be receiving any other investigational agents for 28 days prior to first dose of drug on this study, and while pt is receiving this study drug.
3) Patients whose brain mets or primary brain tumor includes symptoms that in the opinion of the principle investigator would either put the patients at unacceptable risk greater than the risk of the underlying cancer or if the treatment would unacceptably confound the analysis of the toxicity assessment.
4) History of allergic reactions attributed to compounds of similar chemical or biologic composition to bevacizumab or valproic acid .
5) Major surgery within the previous four weeks.
6) Uncontrolled intercurrent illness including, but not limited to, ongoing or active infection, symptomatic congestive heart failure, HTN (with 2 or more antihypertensives), unstable angina pectoris or psychiatric illness/social situations that would limit compliance with study requirements.
7) Pregnant women are excluded from this study because valproic acid is an agent with the potential for teratogenic or abortifacient effects. Because there is an unknown but potential risk for adverse events in nursing infants secondary to treatment of the mother with valproic acid and bevacizumab, breastfeeding should be discontinued if the mother is treated with these agents.
8) Patient who are already on antiepileptic agents, for example; phenytoin, valproic acid, and neurontin will be excluded.