|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Patients who have received prior systemic chemotherapy with regimens including taxanes.|
2) Patients with history of CNS metastasis prior to registering to this study.
3) Patients who are pregnant or nursing and patients who are not practicing an acceptable method of birth control. A negative pregnancy test (urine or serum) must be documented at baseline for women of childbearing potential. Patients may not breast-feed while on this study.
4) Patients with current active infections requiring anti-infectious treatment (e.g., antibiotics, antivirals, or antifungals).
5) Patients with current peripheral neuropathy of any etiology that is greater than grade one.
6) Patients with unstable or serious concurrent medical conditions are excluded. Examples include, but are not limited to, uncontrolled ventricular arrhythmia, recent (within 3 months) myocardial infarction, uncontrolled major seizure disorder, spinal cord compression, superior vena cava syndrome, or any psychiatric disorder that prohibits obtaining informed consent.
7) Patients must not have had major surgery including node dissection, resection of melanoma metastatic to an organ or other surgical procedures that require hospitalization and administration of general anesthesia within the past 14 days.
8) Patients must not receive any concurrent chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or immunotherapy while on study.
9) Known HIV disease or infection.
10) Patients with ascites are not eligible