|Inclusion Criteria:||1) Patients with advanced or metastatic cancer that is refractory to standard therapy, relapsed after standard therapy, or have no standard therapy that induces a CR rate of at least 10% or improves survival by at least three months.|
2) Patients should be at least four weeks from the last day of therapeutic radiation or cytotoxic chemotherapy or from antibody therapy, or at least five half-lives from non-cytotoxic targeted or biologic therapy. Patients may have received palliative radiation immediately before (or during) treatment provided radiation is not to the only target lesion available.
3) ECOG performance status </= 2 (Karnofsky >/= 60%).
4) Patients must have allowable organ and marrow function defined as: absolute neutrophil count >/= 1,000/mL; platelets >/=50,000/mL; creatinine </= 3 X ULN; total bilirubin </= 3.0; AST(SGOT)/ALT(SGPT) </= 5 X ULN; fasting level of total cholesterol of no more than 350mg/dL; triglyceride level of no more than 400mg/dL.
5) Women of child-bearing potential and men must agree to use adequate contraception (hormonal or barrier method of birth control; abstinence) prior to study entry, for the duration of study participation, and for 90 days after the last dose.
6) Ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written informed consent document
7) Patients may not be receiving any other investigational agents and/or any other concurrent anticancer agents or therapies.