|Exclusion Criteria:||1) Patients who have received prior therapy with Genasense, any taxane or any of cisplatin analogues for systemic disease.|
2) Patients whose site of primary melanoma is not in the choroid.
3) Patients who have a current history of neoplasm other than the entry diagnosis, except for curatively treated non-melanoma skin cancer or carcinoma in situ of the prostate or cervix or other cancers treated for cure and with a disease-free survival longer than 2 years.
4) Patients with brain metastasis or history of brain metastasis (es).
5) Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
6) Patients with current active infections requiring anti-infectious treatment (e.g., antibiotics, antivirals, or antifungals).
7) Patients with current peripheral neuropathy of any etiology that is greater than grade one (1).
8) Patients with unstable or serious concurrent medical conditions are excluded. Examples include, but are not limited to, uncontrolled ventricular arrhythmia, recent (within 3 months) myocardial infarction, uncontrolled major seizure disorder, spinal cord compression, superior vena cava syndrome, or any psychiatric disorder that prohibits obtaining informed consent. PI or his designee shall make the final determination regarding appropriateness of enrollment.
9) Patients with a known hypersensitivity to cremophor containing anti-cancer agents.
10) Patients with one or more of the following as the only manifestations of disease are ineligible: Osteoblastic bone lesions, leptomeningeal disease, ascites, pleural/pericardial effusions, carcinomatous lymphangitis, CNS metastases, lesions in a previously irradiated area that have not shown definite progression, or disease only inferred from laboratory tests or markers.
11) Patients with Gilbert's Syndrome.
12) Patients must not have had major surgery within the past 14 days.
13) Patients must not receive any concurrent chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or immunotherapy while on study.
14) Known HIV disease or infection.